Aircraft tours terms and conditions
The terms and conditions set out below apply to all RVP aircraft tour bookings made on this website which is owned by Manchester Airport Plc. Please read through these carefully.
1. ‘Us’ ‘We’– The Manchester Airport PLC (MA) (registered No 07159561) whose principal office is 6th Floor, Olympic House, Manchester Airport. M90 1QX.
2. ‘You’ ‘Your’– The person, booking RVP aircraft tour (the Tour).
3. Bookings can be made by persons aged 18 years or over. Please note Height Restriction for Nimrod Tour - You and/or all persons in your party must be 1.2 meters or taller to participate in the Nimrod Tour.
4. Bookings must be made no later than 8am on the day of the chosen Tour.
5. RVP Tour bookings are subject to availability and We reserve the right to withdraw availability of RVP and/or a Tour at our entire discretion for any given date.
6. Except for Special Assistance Dogs, dogs are not permitted at the RVP and cannot be left in Your vehicle. Entrance to the RVP will be refused if You or anyone in your party arrives with a dog.
7. The price is as stated at the time of booking, is in pounds sterling and includes VAT.
8. Payment must be made in advance and online. Payment may be made using one of the following payment cards; Delta; MasterCard; Solo; Switch; VISA. We reserve the right not to fulfill your booking if i) Your card is declined for any reason or if the payment card has been used fraudulently or without the cardholder's permission or ii) if You are under the age of 18.
9. It will be necessary for Your personal data to be disclosed to the relevant card issuer for the purpose of processing and confirming Your payment. Your financial data will not be disclosed to third parties other than the financial institution for the chosen payment method.
10. When you have completed Your booking we will send You a written confirmation of Your booking by email to the address entered by You. You are responsible for supplying a valid email address. MA does not accept liability for non-delivery due to transmission failure. In the event of any problems or to amend Your booking, please phone 0161 489 3932*
11. The booking is valid for a single Tour of Your selected aircraft at RVP for the date and time booked.
12. You must not resell or transfer any booking (in whole or in part).
13. You have the right to cancel an advance booking, where payment has been made, but you shall not be entitled to a refund. You may request an alternative date/time providing you make this request at least 14 days prior to your tour date. All bookings:
b. for persons not meeting the 1.2 meter height restriction for the Nimrod Tour; and
c. arriving with a dog (except a Special Assistance Dog)will NOT be refunded.
14. We will process Your personal data for the purpose of processing Your booking and You through RVP.
15. You must hand your confirmation email to RVP staff on arrival.
16. We are only supplying RVP under this contract and will not be responsible for any costs, compensation costs or expenses relating to any other services that you may have arranged. You are responsible for ensuring that you allow sufficient time for car parking, arrival at RVP Reception. We shall not be liable to You if You miss Your Tour because You did not allow sufficient time.
17. We and our servants and agents reserve the right to refuse admittance to the RVP.
18. We reserve the right if prevented from supplying RVP or the booked Tour for any reason, to cancel the contract and provide You with a refund of the price you have paid. We will attempt to provide as much notice as is possible. Your remedy for any breach of contract by Us is restricted to the remedies set out in this paragraph 18, and excludes all common law and other remedies..
19. Although We attempt to provide our customers with a satisfactory service should you have any complaints please use our feedback form.
20. The laws of England and Wales govern this contract and any dispute will be resolved exclusively in the courts of England and Wales
21. From date of purchase your gift voucher is only valid for 12 months
*Calls are charged at 10 pence per minute from a BT landline. Calls from mobiles and other networks may vary.
Educational tours terms and conditions
CONDUCT Please remember that teachers must remain in control of the children at all times.
CLOTHING Part of your tour does involve being outside, therefore you must ensure that your group are all prepared for the weather on the day of your tour. This may include wellington boots, macs, coats, hats, gloves, or suntan lotion for sunny days. Please brief parents to ensure that children are suitably attired for the weather.
REFRESHMENTS Refreshments are not included in your tour. Please ensure that you bring sufficient refreshments with you, particularly during spells of warm weather. Refreshments can be purchased at the restaurant on site.
DEPOSITS Bookings will be held for 14 days, if your deposit and booking form have not been received within 14 days of the initial reservation being made we will assume that you no longer require the tour, and remove your details from our files. Only once your deposit and booking form have been received, will your booking become confirmed.
PAYMENT All payments must be made before the tour takes place. Payments can be made by card payment or by cheque, cheques must be made payable to Manchester Airport plc.
SMOKING We do not permit smoking, eating or drinking within any of the buildings or aircraft exhibits at the Runway Visitor Park.
LATE ARRIVAL The visit will operate between the agreed times only. If for any reason you are delayed, please contact us immediately on 0161 489 3932. Due to operational reasons we may have to deduct the time lost from your visit.
COPYRIGHT Our presentations are protected by personal copyright. Accordingly, your group is not permitted to make any audio or visual recordings or images of them unless specific permission has been given in writing.
CANCELLATION This form is subject to change without prior notification. We reserve the right to cancel visits and make full refunds if necessary. The Runway Visitor Park will not be liable for damages or inconvenience arising therefrom or howsoever it is caused and our liability shall be restricted to the deposit.
SOUVENIRS Runway Visitor Park merchandise can be purchased from our reception desk. There is a shop located at the Runway Visitor Park, they can supply a ‘Goody Bag’ for children. Please get in touch with the shop if you’re interested. Payment must be made direct to the shop on the day. There is also a wide range of other gifts suitable for children. The telephone number for the shop is 0161 489 8324.
PARKING Coach, minibus and car parking for group visits is free at the Runway Visitor Park. Parking spaces will be allocated to you on arrival. If your transport leaves the park for operational reasons, it is YOUR responsibility to arrange a collection time with the driver for your return journey.
RESTAURANT/CATERING FACILITIES There are restaurant and catering facilities on site. Meals and snacks can be ordered by contacting the restaurant manager on 0161 489 8300.
TOILET FACILITIES Toilet facilities are available at the Runway Visitor Park. Please ensure that your group have used the facilities before their tour starts.
CONCORDE If Concorde is free, we are able to take the children underneath the aircraft to talk about this special aircraft. Please Note: Concorde is not a scheduled part of this tour and access to the Hangar can not be guaranteed.